Thursday, March 11, 2010

Things I Love About Airports

A little foray into actually writing on this blog...we'll see how it goes. I would say something like "comment, guys! tell me what you think!" but I always read that on blogs and then there are no comments and it is just depressing....

As I sit in Terminal A2 of Midway airport (sitting next to a little girl who won't stop staring at me. IF YOU ARE READING THIS CHILD PLEASE STOP.), I can't help but notice some of the glories of airports.

First of all, I just ate a hotdog. So basically life is automatically good.

Secondly, I am observing the following things that make me love this terminal:

1. People getting stuck with children that are not theirs: You know what I'm talking about. Little Timmy befriends the cool guy sitting next to him playing PSP and suddenly the parents are no where to be found until boarding? Right now I am watching a poor couple who had the balls to bring out their small dog and have now become the primary caretakers for at least 3 to 4 small children. Glorious. I can only hope they are looking at each other and reconsidering all of their talks about having children of their own someday. Cause believe me, these ones really look like little monsters.

2. Families and/or teammates that decide to wear matching outfits: Like, really? Is this necessary? I don't think it is but I will say, it is fucking hilarious. Thank you soccer moms of America and the fighting Bulldogs track team, y'all are rockin' those powder blue sweatsuits.

3. Watching CNN with no sound: Oh wait, I hate this. It is horrifyingly boring.

4. Oh my god, the kids have legit unpacked their suitcase in the middle of the terminal and have brought out a camera (sidenote: they also have a ping pong paddle...what?) and are now taking a photo shoot of the dog. YES! YES! Also, 2 more kids have joined the group. Wow. this is truly magical.

5. People who camp out in their respective place in the Southwest line 1-2 hours before boarding will begin: Here's the thing. Southwest tickets are numbered. So getting there hours early will still not change that you are number 33 and numbers 1-32 will be in front of you. I'm sorry, you overachiever you, but you will not be getting on that plane any faster. But hey, props to you for your preparedness and dedication. Really, it's impressive. You are a better person than I.

6. The fact that Southwest just CALLED ME to tell me that my flight is delayed. How cool is that?! ......


......Wait.......


.......MY FLIGHT IS DELAYED?! ......


WHAT THE FUCK SOUTHWEST?

HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?

I WAS HAVING SUCH A GOOD FUCKING TIME!

SCREW YOU MIDWAY AIRPORT.

YOU HAVE RUINED MY LIFE.

5 comments:

  1. I like how you tagged this "humor." Little presumptuous, don't you think?

    KIDDING, SASSBALL, YOU'RE HILARIOUS. I'm commenting because I am one of those depressing people. So I understand. I also already miss you so much. Can we watch the "Telephone" video premiere together on Skype?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading #2 literally made me laugh aloud. This is a brilliant addition to the blog. Northwestern is missing you real hard already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Write more for me. I don't know nearly enough of what is going on in your life. Sidenote: for me to know enough, I would have to be with you for 24/7 .... or you know, just be you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. im just going to say one thing - of all foods available at airports, you purchased a hotdog?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you Tracy Cook.
    -rachface

    ReplyDelete